Minecraft offers players a lot of real-life experiences.
However, there are also many things that you can hardly do in the real world, such as breathing in the water.
Check out this guide on how to breathe underwater in Minecraft.
How To Make Water-Breathing Potions
The potion lets you breathe underwater in 3 – 8 minutes.
It’s the most popular way to inhale and exhale when you are in the water.
You need to collect some materials and follow some steps to make water-breathing potions.
The process to make this item is pretty complex.
Ingredients for water-breathing potions
- A water bottle
- A nether wart
- A pufferfish
- One rafting table
- One brewing stand
- Blaze powder
- Dragon’s Breath
Steps to make water-breathing potions
- Use 4 wood planks to make a crafting table
- Make a blaze powder from a blaze rod.
- Use a blaze rod to create the blaze powder.
- Place the crafting table on the ground to make the brewing stand from 3 cobblestones and the blaze rod.
- Put the Brewing machine on the land and open the brewing menu.
- Add ingredients of this potion into the Brewing machine: Blaze Powder at the upper-left corner box > 3 Water Bottles at the bottom boxes > Nether Wart in the top box.
You will get the Awkward Potion in the water bottles.
- Then, add Pufferfish to the top box to make the water-breathing potion.
If you put a Redstone dust in the top box after this process, you can expand the effective time of this potion from 3 minutes to 8 minutes.
How To Breathe Underwater In Minecraft Without Potions?
The potion is one of the most popular ways to breathe underwater in this game.
However, there are many ways to breathe in the water without potions in Minecraft, including the use of conduit, turtle helmet and airlock.
1. Use Conduit
The conduit is an easy way to help players breathe underwater.
Here’s the guide on how to breathe underwater in Minecraft with a conduit.
Firstly, you need three ingredients to make the conduit.
- 8 Nautilus Shells.
- A Heart of the Sea.
- A Crafting Table.
- Go to the locations of shipwrecks to find a treasure map.
- Open the map which is still incomplete.
- Swim towards the spot marked by an X and stand next to it.
- Start to dig and find the treasure chest which contains a Heart of the Sea.
- Then, go to find eight nautilus shells from some drowned at the sea.
- Open the crafting table to craft the Conduit: Place the Heart of the Sea in the central box and 8 shells around the heart to craft this tool.
2. Use Turtle Helmet
Here’s the guide on how to breathe underwater in Minecraft Turtle.
It’s another way to breathe in the water in this game.
To get five turtle shells from two default turtles, you need to breed Minecraft turtles and feed them.
Next, wait until these turtles lay five eggs.
Then, raise 5 baby turtles to get 5 adult turtles by feeding them with seagrass.
You can find seagrasses in the non-frozen ocean.
- Collect 5 scutes to craft the turtle helmet.
- Open the crafting table with 9×9 grids.
- Place 5 scutes in an ‘n’ shape, including 3 shells on the top row and 2 shells on the middle row.
Place these two shells in the left and right grid.
Leave the central grid blank.
- Obtain the turtle helmet and put it into your inventory.
If you enchant the normal helmet to get an enchanted helmet, you can breathe underwater for 70 seconds with it.
3. Use Airlock
Another way to breathe underwater without potions is using the trapdoor.
The door will prevent water from flowing into the room. Here’s how to breathe underwater in Minecraft using doors for the airlock.
- Build a room underwater.
- Prepare important materials to build the airlock, including torches, sand, and water.
- Make sure that the hallway’s ceiling equals the highest water level or it can be higher by one block.
- Place the torch on the wall where water can contact it.
Make sure that you leave enough space above so that you can supply enough sand to seal the Chamber.
- Place sand above that torch until it reaches the ceiling.
- Repeat this process until the hall is waterproofed.
Notes: Prepare enough torches.
The number of this material equals the width of the corridor.
Besides, make sure you have enough sand.
The amount of sand equals the height times the width of the corridor.
Why Need To Breathe Underwater In Minecraft?
These four ways to breathe underwater lets players swim and dive into the water without drowning.
Minecraft has a lot of wonderful biomes underwater for players to explore.
Besides, you can also explore the ocean and collect a lot of chests, materials, marine species, etc.
For example, you can dive into the water and find glow squids in Minecraft when you can breathe in the water. You can also stay in the water to build some structures underwater, such as houses, submarines, etc.
Making a potion is the most popular and easiest way to breathe in the water.
You can make some bottles of water-breathing potions.